Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May 21, 2012

Okay, I know I haven't posted for a week but I was out of town so you will have to forgive me =)

What was for dinner last night? Yummy Parmesan Chicken

Website: http://easy.betterrecipes.com/yummy-parmesan-mayo-chicken.html

Picture:
Yummy Parmesan Chicken with Corn and Green Salad

The differences: I used 2 pounds of chicken instead of one, I used Miracle Whip opposed to Mayonnaise as I like Miracle Whip better. Instead of Oregano I used seasoning salt, pepper, garlic powder, and mustard. I reduced the cheese to 1/2 a cup instead of 1 and a half cups. I cooked the chicken at 375 degrees verses 350 degrees but the bake time stays the same.

The Prep: It took me 5 minutes to mix together the seasonings, cheese, and Miracle Whip and spread it on the chicken... 45 minutes to bake and used that time to fix the corn and the salad.

The Cost Breakdown:
Chicken Breasts: $6.99
Parmesan Cheese: $1.99
Salad: $2.49
Corn: $0.99

not included are the costs of the Miracle Whip or the seasonings.

Total: $12.46 or $3.12 per person for a family of four.

The Verdict: The Chicken was so GOOD! Nice and moist, and the cheese topping was so good I was eating it out of the pan as I was doing the dishes. Totally would make this again, especially because the chicken was anything but dry, which I hate with a passion. Erik liked it and Erika was all about the corn and the salad so it was a good meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment