Sunday, April 22, 2012

April 21, 2012

A definite fun one, especially if you have kids!

What's for dinner? Cheeseburger Pizza

What's the website? http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/cheeseburger-pizza/b3054eed-616d-448b-b4fe-75022d1607bb/

Picture?
Cheeseburger Pizza with Baked Beans
 

 The Differences: This recipe makes two so be prepared for that. I couldn't find the refrigerated pizza crust for some reason so I ended up using Boboli. I chopped the onions instead of thinly slicing it, I didn't use pepper, pickle relish (hubby doesn't like the unsweetened stuff), American cheese, or bacon. I did use garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese. In terms of the actual cooking... I cooked the beef and the onion until no longer pink, drained it, added the garlic and Worcestershire sauce, cooked it just a tad longer. I then built the pizza, instead of putting the ketchup and mustard into the meat I mixed them together and spread them onto the crust itself, I then put half of the cheese I had on top of that, then the meat mixture, then the rest of the cheese. I stuck the pizza in the oven (450 for 8 minutes) and out it came, topped it with the lettuce and tomato and served it.


The Prep: almost no time at all! The cooking of the beef mixture took about 10 minutes and I spread the ketchup/mustard mixture on the crusts at the same time, as well as the first part of the cheese. About 5 minutes to put the meat on the pizza and top with the rest of the cheese, 8 minutes to bake and I made the baked beans at the same time, 2 minutes to slice and 2 minutes to top with the lettuce and tomato. So you are looking at 25-30 minutes from beginning to serving.


The Cost Breakdown: It ended up being more expensive than I had anticipated simply because the Boboli crusts are more expensive than the Pillsbury refrigerated ones. But I also fed 6 people instead of 4.


Pizza crusts: $9.38
Ground Beef: $5.99
Onion: $0.67
Italian cheese: $9.99
Lettuce: $0.99
Tomato: $0.26
Baked Beans: $1.99

Again I did not include the garlic, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, or mustard as I had all of that on hand. 


Total cost: $29.27 or $4.88 per person to serve 6


The Verdict: This is one of the best pizzas I have ever had! My husband liked it, my picky 4 year old liked it, my daughter (who eats everything I put in front of her) liked it, everyone sitting at that table liked it! It was a huge hit and super yummy. So be honest, when you order from Domino's and you get two large pizzas (the cost is roughly the same) can you feed 6 people with that, have enough for you to have another meal later, and still have leftovers for the next day? I did with these pizzas and let me tell you I am looking forward to Leftover Sunday Lunch! Have a great day everyone! Eat well and be well!



No comments:

Post a Comment