Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Last night's dinner

Jamie's Tacos

1 package of taco shells
1 pound ground beef
1 can pork 'n beans
1 can tomatoes and green chilies, drained
shredded lettuce
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream, for topping
1/3 cup chopped green onions
12 oz. package frozen corn

1. Brown beef in skillet, drain
2. Stir in pork 'n beans and drained tomatos
3. Toast taco shells in oven as directed
4. Layer tacos with beef mixture, lettuce, and cheese
5. Top with sour cream and onion as desired
6. Cook corn according to package and add desired amount of butter

All the ingredients look like normal taco ingredients right? Not really how often do you see a can of pork 'n beans in the ingredient list? If you are like me then just seeing that ingredient gives you pause about this recipe. Let me just tell you if you don't try it you will be missing something YUMMY! Number one I HATE beans as a general rule, the only exception being green beans. I have never allowed pork 'n beans to pass my lips EVER and I was missing out! This recipe is extremely easy to put together and a very fast meal on a weekday when you don't know what to make. I literally put this meal together in less than 15 minutes. It took me longer to build the tacos then it did to cook the meal. Biggest two endorsements though... Number one, my husband ate SEVEN tacos. If you've met my husband that's not a surprise, the surprise is that I liked this meal and I dislike beans on principle... LOL =) Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment