Monday, April 16, 2012

Dinner April 15, 2012

Are you ready?
Last night's dinner: Chicken Corn Chowder

The recipe: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/quick-chicken-corn-chowder-10000000521745/

The picture:
Chicken Corn Chowder with Cornbread

On the original recipe there were some things that I didn't put into the chowder... Number one I did not put jalapeno peppers in (as I explained before my husband is a wimp when it comes to spicy). Number two, I put in a pound and a half of shredded chicken instead of two cups because that is what I had and I wanted to use it up. Number three, I used a 12 oz bag of frozen whole kernel corn instead of guesstimating what three ears would come to and finally, I didn't use any herbs but the salt.

The Verdict:

My husband REALLY liked the corn chowder, like he was sooo eager to eat it he burned his tongue liked it. It was kind of funny I have never seen him in such a hurry to eat before. I know this will surprise you but as a general rule I dislike corn and I absolutely HATE creamed corn. I know its a total surprise right ;) so I was a little leery about whether I would be able to eat this recipe at all (I have a serious block about creamed corn that seems to be attached to my gag reflex.) I tried it and, wonder of wonders, I LIKED it. It completely took me by surprise but I enjoyed it, it warmed up my insides, and I had no issues finishing my dinner (until I got full). It was also a quick and easy soup recipe that used a lot of ingredients that we have on hand anyway... Enjoy my sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment