Saturday, April 28, 2012

April 27, 2012

Dinner last night: Fantastic Feta Chicken

website: http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Fantastic-Feta-Chicken-Recipezaar

Picture:
Fantastic Feta Chicken, Parmesan baked Zucchini, and Parmesan Pasta

The Differences: Again, as happened yesterday, there are no differences between what I did and what the recipe told me to do.

The Prep: This was really easy! It took about 5 minutes to put the chicken together and in the oven. For the zucchini; chop off the ends and slice it lengthwise in quarters. Coat a baking dish with oil, put the zucchini in; season with seasoned salt and top with Parmesan, takes about 5 minutes. As the zucchini bakes at the same temperature as the chicken pop the zucchini into the oven 10 minutes after the chicken. The Parmesan pasta was made by Knorr so just follow the instructions on the bag(s) after both the zucchini and the chicken are in the oven and everything will be ready at the same time. So 5 minutes to prep the chicken and 30 to cook it (everything else will be prepared during that 30 minutes) so a total of 35 minutes from start to finish.

The Cost Breakdown:

Chicken Breasts: $2.99
Parmesan Pasta (2 bags): $2.58
zucchini: $2.07
Parmesan Cheese: $2.00

Not included in price: lemon juice, oregano, pepper, olive oil, seasoning salt. I also did not include the price of the Feta cheese as I already had it on hand. Feta is sometimes pricey (between $4 and $5 depending on where you buy it and whether it is on sale).

Total: $9.64 or $2.41 per person for a family of 4

The verdict: I liked it. I wasn't over the moon about it, I thought I would be since I LOVE feta cheese but it was a good solid way to cook chicken. If you are not a chicken lover this might not be a good recipe for you. The chicken wasn't dry but it wasn't dripping with moisture either. I loved the zucchini however. I am not a zucchini lover but its alright as a vegetable... my husband HATES zucchini. I had to guilt him into eating it but he did and he said it was alright for zucchini. For those of you who need a new way to eat zucchini that doesn't involve frying it or steaming it this is a really good recipe for you. Its fast, its simple, and you won't burn yourself (unless you don't use a potholder, YIKES!). The pasta dish from Knorr was a great accompaniment and Erik certainly liked it (His favorite part of the meal) It was a good meal and you certainly can't beat getting a well balanced, somewhat healthy meal at that price, can you? Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment